We have extensive expertise in providing legal, strategic and management support to local, regional and national educational institutions. Our clients include associations, public and independent institutions of higher education, independent secondary schools, teaching hospitals, educational funding agencies, and companies that manufacture or distribute educational products.
Among our areas of expertise for educational institutions are:
- performing financing and bond work, both as lender and borrower counsel,
- advising boards of trustees with regard to leadership and board/president matters,
- providing legal advice to boards of trustees and executive officers regarding ethics, compensation and executive liability,
- representing university faculty and institutes on patent and other intellectual property work,
- dealing with environmental issues in both litigation and cooperative venues,
- providing immigration services for doctors, faculty members, librarians, technicians and recent graduates.
Educational Products and Service Providers
For companies that serve the education industry, such as manufacturers or distributors of educational materials, we handle a cross-section of corporate and financial transactions, employment counseling, litigation and intellectual property services, including the procurement and protection of copyrighted material. Juris Advocates & Solicitors’s copyright attorneys have developed a particular area of expertise in protecting materials distributed via sophisticated, cutting-edge vehicles such as the Internet, satellite and cable.